The world needs listeners and viewers, but it belongs to the creators. The Zoom Q4 is all about bringing a new dimension to your music. It combines high-definition video with high-resolution audio, providing everything you need to shoot amazing videos with incredible sound. That means you’ll never have to compromise on creativity.
The Sound Is The Scene
Without sound, our creations would fall flat. The Q4 delivers audio nuance and quality that far surpass that of any other video camera. Its built-in X/Y microphone allows you to create stunning stereo recordings that cover a wide area while still capturing sound sources in the center with clarity and definition.
Making Music Aspire To Inspire
Use the Q4 to stream your performance, record on the road, or produce a high-quality demo, complete with video footage. Capture live concerts, auditions and band rehearsals with unique points of view. Create detailed video lessons — the Q4 is perfect for showing fingerings, bowings, and other playing techniques. Whatever your creative goal, the Q4 can help you achieve it.
Making Videos Every Video Tells A Story
Tackle even the most challenging projects with ease, and let them live up to their full potential. Whatever the application — from YouTube video to indie film, music video to tutorial, video blog to streamed webcast — you can count on your Q4 to deliver powerful and evocative content.
Making News Be In The Moment
The Q4’s ultra-compact size and portability make it ideal for conducting video interviews and capturing late-breaking news or documentary footage in the field. In addition, a wide range of compatible mounts makes it easy to shoot from any angle, giving your broadcasts a creative edge that other cameras simply cannot deliver.
Go Wherever Your Imagination Leads You
Feature-laden and fully equipped to handle even the most ambitious projects, you can count on your Q4 to deliver not only crisp video but also the great sound you’d expect from a Zoom product. Anywhere. Any time. Any place.
Audio Features Never Compromise
The Q4’s stereo X/Y microphone and support for high-resolution audio – up to 24-bit / 96 kHz – assure superior sound without compromise. Use the Q4 with your favorite DAW or editing software to further enhance your creativity. You’ve never heard a video camera sound this good!
Video Features Take It To The Limit
The Q4’s versatile design and powerful feature set allows video creators to push the envelope. Its wide-angle lens and choice of video formats and frame rates allow the Q4 to record sharp, detailed images in any lighting environment, and its full-color rotating LCD – which can be detached during shooting for portability and extended battery life – provides a clear preview of each moment you capture.
Flexible Mounting Look At The World A Little Differently
Compact, lightweight and compatible with both standard tripod and three-prong action camera mounts, you can use the Q4 anywhere your creative muse takes you. Mount it to a mic stand, clamp it to a guitar, place it anywhere onstage or in the rehearsal room. There’s nothing like a change of perspective to liven up your creations.
Inputs, Outputs, USB Get Connected
The Q4’s LCD and built-in speaker allows instant monitoring of your recordings, but it also offers additional flexibility through its various connectors: a stereo 1/8″ Mic/Line In jack, a stereo 1/8″ Line Out/Headphone jack, a mini-HDMI video output, and a USB port. Make use of a wide range of devices to boost your production capabilities: connect, stream, and share.
Battery life Remarkable. Reliable. Rechargeable.
File Types Multiple Formats For Maximum Versatility
Summery of Main Features
- High-quality wide angle lens with selectable viewing angles
- Removable full-color LCD
- Built-in stereo X/Y microphone
- Records directly to SDXC cards (up to 128GB)
- Supports WVGA and HD (high-definition) video formats up to 1080 x 1920 pixels, with frame rates of 30 / 60 fps
- Supports AAC and WAV audio formats up to 24-bit/96k
- Flip screen function
- Three imaging sense options (AUTO/CONCERT/NIGHT) for use in all lighting environments
- Mic/Line-level input for connection to external microphones, portable recorders and personal music players
- Three-position MIC GAIN switch with Auto-Gain control (CONCERT/MEETING/SOLO) and Peak LED
- Supplied hairy windscreen and low-cut filter for the elimination of low-frequency noise and rumble
- Built-in speaker for fast monitoring
- Line-level/headphone output with dedicated volume control
- HDMI video output for connection to HDTVs, selectable between NTSC and PAL
- USB interface for live streaming and data transfer to and from computer editing software
- Compatible with USTREAM Producer, Flash live Media Encorder, Skype, and other popular streaming applications
- USB mic function for use with external devices such as computers and iPads (with Apple Camera Connection Kit)
- SDXC card reader function
- Rechargeable Li-Ion battery (chargeable via USB or optional AC adapter)
- Battery life of more than 2 hours
- Standard tripod mount
- Compatible with all three-prong action camera mounts
- Optional guitar head mount, mic stand mount, and water resistant jacket