Top Survival Gears | Add to Flipboard Magazine.
If you are planing to go camping, hiking or hunting, Definitely, You must know about Survival gears, tools, or equipments. Because, Survival gears help to survive your life during camping or hunting period. So, You must select carefully top rated survival gears according to your necessity. Once you start to prepare your survival gear list, It can be very difficult to determine what you are missing. As a result, you can be missing something very important top survival gears. This can be effect very seriously when you are in camping or hunting. Also, Preparing a list of survival gears is a time consuming thing.
These top survival gears will be help to both beginners and experience survivalists to save their life in camping, hiking, hunting..etc. Please refer these survival gears carefully and choose very important survivor gears for your outdoor activity. There are lot of new exiting survival gears out there that not included in this list. So, Please anything you know very helpful survival gear let us know in the comment section.
The Blazer GT8000 Big Shot butane torch is a refillable, gas torch with a brass frame nozzle, and attachable base. The torch creates a precise flame, emitting from a nozzle head, allowing direct heat application to an object. It is used for detailed purposes such as brazing, plumbing, soldering, jewelry making, and culinary, dental and lab applications. Maximum flame temperature is 2,500 degrees. It continuous burn time is 35 minutes.
- Anti-flare, brass-frame nozzle, for safety and flame control
- Attachable tabletop base, for hands-free use
- Gas-flow adjustment dial, to control flame length
- Piezoelectric ignition system, requires no electrical connection
- 2,500-degree F, torch flame, for a more precise flame tip
Binocular is essential survivor gear……..
You can feel the necessity of binocular to see far away places or wild animal from your current location, when you are in camping. So, Binocular is the very essential survival gear for survivalist. Various types of binoculars are available to buy. But, Prices of those binoculars varies with their features. We know very cheap binoculars are in the shops. But, We cant use that types of binocular in the camping. Because, Camping or hunting is the serious deal. If you are not seeing big bear or any wild animal coming towards to you, may be your life in danger.
However, My favorite camping binocular is Alpen Apex XP. Read following details for further reference.
- Waterproof / Fogproof – Nitrogen filled
- Long eye relief to see full field of view when wearing glasses
- Fully Multi-coated – HR coated – Phase coated
- BaK4 high index glass
“Here are some of best binoculars for camping”
- Swarovski EL 10X42 Swarovision Binocular
- Bushnell H2O Waterproof/Fogproof Roof Prism Binocular
- Nikon 8218 Trailblazer 10X25 Hunting Binoculars
- Canon 18×50 Image Stabilization All-Weather Binocular
Don’t drink mud water……
Drinking water is the very important during your camping work. It is very difficult to find natural drinking water. If you have not enough drinking water source you must find method to clean jungle water. There are lot of portable micro water filters out there to clean the water. Using those filters you can directly clean water to drink. According to reviews LifeStraw Personal Water Filter is the very famous one among survivalist. But, My favorite pocket water filter is the Katadyn. Below check the more details about Katadyn Pocket Water Micro filter
The Katadyn Pocket Micro filter is the top survival water filter for camping, emergency occasions, and military uses. It is prepared by highest quality materials. You can use it any hard outdoor condition. The 0.2 micron silver-impregnated ceramic filter element can lasts an impressive 50,000 liter. It can be vary little bit with water quality.
- Pocket water filter designed four outdoor enthusiasts and international travelers
- Filter’s silver-impregnated ceramic element is effective against bacteria and protozoa
- Filters all microorganisms larger than 0.2 microns to produce clear, drinkable water
- Round pump handle for easy pumping; outlet hose attaches to containers with clip
Don’t bother about weather……..
When you are in camping, hiking, or any other serious activities, It is important to know about weather condition. Because, Your every plans of the day depend on it. So, I recommended, every survivalist must use the weather meter. Lot of weather meters are available to buy. But, Before we purchase, we need to consider many factors such as; design must be compact and portable, you must select always more features product, Ability to work in any hard weather condition like waterproof, shockproof, heatproof, dust proof. In weather meter industry Kestrel weather meters are very popular. Also, I personally recommended Kestrel weather meters for survivalist. Following, I explain about my favorite Kestrel 4000 Weather & Environmental Meter for more information.
The Kestrel 4000 Pocket weather meter is the very important survival gadget for camping, hiking, and other outdoor activities. It is extremely sensitive for accurate weather readings. It has a large, back lit display, patented, user-replaceable impeller and external temperature sensor for fast, accurate readings. Its slim ergonomic design suitable for any hard whether condition. CR2032 battery is power up the whether meter. You can know following every details using this gadget.
Current wind speed / Max wind gust / Average wind speed / Temperature / Wind chill / Relative humidity / Heat stress index / Dewpoint temp / Wet bulb temp / Barometric pressure / Altitude / Density altitude / Backlit display / Pressure trend / Data storage and charting / Data upload / Clock
- Rugged, handheld, portable weather station with on board data logging and graphing; senses wind speed, temperature, humidity and pressure and displays up to 16 total measurements on large, clear LCD
- Options include case color, Bluetooth® wireless data transfer and standard or red night vision preserving back light
- Waterproof (IP-67), floats, drop-tested to military standards (MIL-STD-810G), patented
- Includes soft pouch, neck lanyard, 2 Energizer° Ultimate Lithium AAA batteries and 5-year warranty
- Used in firefighting, hazardous materials response, meteorology, military, law enforcement, research, education, scientific expeditions and more
Knife for Emergencies……..
- Made using the highest quality materials
- Tested for quality and durability
- The most trusted name in you cutlery needs
- Bushcraft knife designed by tactical bushcraft expert Chris Claycombe, popular bushcraft website BushcraftUK.com, and Spyderco designers
- Fully-tanged, four-inch blade has no hand guard, and features Scandinavian grind
- O-1 tool steel’s high carbon content holds keen edge over time and heavy use; includes sheath
- 8.75-inch overall length; four-inch O-1 steel blade with 3.9-inch cutting edge, 0.23-inch blade hole, and 0.14-inch blade thickness; 7.75-ounce weight; G-10 handle material
- Includes limited manufacturer’s warranty; details included with purchase
Cooking in a Camp….
In a camp, stove is the very essential equipment for cook your meals. It must be a portable size and lightweight. Unless, Very difficult to bring it to a camp site. Also, Its cooking must be very efficient. Solo Stove Titan & Solo Pot 1800 Camp Stove Combo is the great example to efficient stove. It is great for emergency situations.
This Solo Stove Titan is the larger version of the original Solo Stove. It is a unique wood burning stove that incorporates a secondary combustion for a more efficient and cleaner burn. The bottom vents allow air to enter and flow up the bottom of the grate to feed the primary combustion, a top down smolder. In addition, air entering in from the bottom vents heats up within the inner wall and rises up and out the top firebox vents causing a secondary combustion at the top of the stove. The Solo Stove Titan actually cooks the smoke out of the wood and then burns the smoke twice! This technique makes for a cleaner burn, less smoke and higher efficiency.
- This is the larger version of the original Solo Stove – the #1 wood-burning backpacking stove recommended by Backpacker Magazine and serious survivalists including Discovery Channel’s Matt Graham.
- Patented design features a unique double wall that creates ultra-clean gasification and a secondary combustion. This allows fuel to burn more completely and with less smoke.
- Uses twigs, leaves, pinecones and wood as fuel. Eliminates the need to carry heavy, polluting and expensive canister fuels.
- Boils water in 4-6 mins (34 fl oz water). 5.1″ Diameter, 5.6″/7.9″ tall (packed/assembled). Solo Stove Titan weighs only 16.5 oz. Made of premium stainless steel and nichrome wire. Nylon stuff sack included.
- Compact design nests inside the companion Solo Stove Pot 1800 leaving you with more room in your backpack. Solo Stove Pot 1800: Height 6.1 inches, Diameter 5.5 inches; Max volume: 61 fl.oz (1800mL)
Multi tool is the very important gadget you must know as survivalist. Normally multi tool comes with very important tools such as knife, flat screw drive, Phillips screw driver, can opener, wire stripper, bottle opener, pliers…etc. When functions of the multi tool increase the price also increase in multi tool. As a good multi tool, Its material should be stainless steel. Also, Its durability must be high. If you are looking highest functions multi tool, I like to recommend Victorinox 53509 Swiss Army SwissChamp for you. It has 80 essential functions and its includes a digital clock, altimeter, barometer, and thermometer.
Read following Victorinox Swiss Army Rescue Tool for more details,
The Victorinox Rescue Tool design specially for emergency medical and rescue services. The key functions of this new pocket tool are that it must be opened in seconds and are ready for use immediately. All parts have been subject to stringent tests; particularly the new window breaker and disc saw tools. The rounded belt cutter can be used to cut through seat belts safely. The tool includes the most important functions for freeing someone trapped in a car. All tools have to be available to quickly be opened wearing gloves and are suitable for both right-handed and left-handed users. The one-handed blade and strong screwdriver (crate opener) are fixed in position when open thanks to the liner lock mechanism. Even the look of the RescueTool, with its luminescent yellow grip shells, is something special. It is also supplied with a bright red/yellow nylon case and a wide belt loop that fits a range of special-purpose belts.
- One-handed blade
- Phillips screwdriver
- Window breaker
- Strong 6mm screwdriver
- Cap lifter
- Wire stripper
- Punch and reamer
- Belt cutter
- Key ring
- Disc saw
- Luminescent grip shells
- Nylon cord
- Nylon case
“Here is the great survival Multi tool, I found on the Amazon.”
- Victorinox Swiss Army SwissTool Spirit Plus Ratchet
- Leatherman 830850 Skeletool CX Multitool
- Leatherman Wave Black Oxide Finish Multi Tool with Nylon MOLLE Sheath
- SOG Specialty Knives & Tools B66N-CP PowerAssist Multi-Tool with Assisted Steel Blades and Nylon Sheath
You need to pack everything in your backpack….
Backpack is the essential camping gear for survivalist. You need to select your survival backpack according to your requirement. Always, Choose very comfortable one. Unless, It will make back pain. Also, You must think about the material, buckles, waterproof and size before take a decision. Paratus 3 is the my favorite survival backpack. Read following details for more info.
The Paratus 3 Day Operator’s Pack is not only super rugged and tough but it is very comfortable to carry in the jungle or mountain. It does not matter how cool the tactical pack looks unless it feels good when you wear it right? Make long distance hiking or walking easy and comfortable while a detachable deployment pack allow you to ditch the larger pack for rapid excursions. The Deployment Pack is fully MOLLE compatible and will attach to any MOLLE pack, vest or other gear. This compact pack has a convenient grab handle or it can be carried with the concealable waist belt. Perfect for when you need to grab your kit and go or for 100 other possible uses, i.e. first aid kits, ammo bags, for climbing harnesses, survival kits, even video camera bags. The Paratus’ dimensions are the maximum allowable for airline carry-on requirements which provide plenty of organized usable space for all your travel and adventure needs both at your destination and during travel.
“Here is the great survival backpacks, I found on the Amazon.”
- Military Backpack – High Quality and Great Design
- Urban Survival Bug Out Bag
- Direct Action Ghost Tactical Backpack
- Smokescreen Concealed-carry Monopack
- Bear Grylls 45L Backpack
- Direct Action Dragon Egg Tactical Backpack
Fire is the main thing you want as survivalist. Fire need to everything such as cooking, burning, boiling, warming, protecting from wild animals, informing to others, protecting from insect…etc. Various types of fire starter available to buy. But, here is the various famous fire starter.
- Compact fire starter with ferrocerium rod and metal striker
- Lanyard to keep product secure and together
- Emergency whistle, integrated into lanyard cord
- Waterproof storage compartment for tinder
- Land to air rescue and SOS instructions also priorities of survival pocket guide
Sleep in the camp….
The XTherm air mattress delivers, by far, the greatest warmth-to-weight ratio available in any air mattress, allowing you to go lighter than ever in winter conditions. Patent-pending ThermaCapture Radiant Heat Technology gives the XTherm air mattress true four-season warmth without the weight or bulk usually found in a winter-worthy mattress. The result is a mattress that weighs less than a pound, takes up about the same space as your water bottle, and provides serious comfort in extremely cold conditions. Pump sack and repair kit included.
- Warmest in the NeoAir collection, using multiple ThermaCapture layers to deliver more warmth per gram than any other air mattress
- Soft, textured non-slip fabrics add next-to-skin comfort and offer a quieter rest for a better overall sleep experience
- Medium pump sack, storage sack and repair kit included
- Temp Rating : 0º / -18ºC (EN tested)
- Insulation : 550 Fill-Power Down
- Weight: Regular – 3 lb. 12 oz., Long – 3lb. 15oz / 1.68kg, 1.76kg
- Shoulder Girth: 62″ (Regular), 64″ (Long) / 157cm, 163cm
- Stuff Size: Regular – 9″ x 17″, Long – 9″ x 18″ / 23cm x 43cm, 23cm x 46cm
Tent is the your camp house….
- 150D material
- made in USA
- Spacious 8-person, 2-room tent designed for quick assembly
- Poles come pre-attached to tent, ensuring setup in 1 minute or less
- Exclusive WeatherTec system with thick waterproof walls and welded floor
- 2 doors and 7 windows for full ventilation; removable divider between rooms
- Base measures 14 by 10 feet; center height of 6 feet 5 inches; Weight : 36.3 lbs 1-year warranty
Keep in mind…..
The SOL OriginTM redefines the survival kit from the ground up. In one product that fits in the palm of your hand, the OriginTM gives you the collection of tools you need to survive the unexpected and make it back alive. Think of it as the ultimate cross breed of the traditional ten essentials and a survival kit, all wrapped up in one lightweight, easy to carry, indestructible package. ABS-plastic waterproof case is the heart of the OriginTM. It contains an array of key survival tools, including TinderQuik fiestarting tinder, 150lb-test braided nylon cord, mil-spec stainless steel wire, and an emergency sewing and fishing kit. And, for those unfamiliar with wilderness survival, backcountry expert Buck Tilton’s survival instructions contain over 60 survival techniques and strategies. The SOL OriginTM is the lightest, most space efficient, and most durable survival kit on the market. This is help to you Survive Outdoors Longer.
- AUS 8 steel blade with lockable liner is harder, holds an edge longer and sharpens easier than common steel.
- Rescue Flash Signal Mirror flips open from top lid and features 20 mile signal power.
- Fire Lite striker emits a powerful shower of sparks.
- Whistle – pealess and fail-safe up to 100db.
- 10 lumen LED light provides powerful task lighting.
- Removable directional compass.
- Waterproof compartment protects your valuables.
- Additional 10 stainless steel wire, 10 nylon cord, foil, tinder and survival instructions help you get back alive
Black Ops Tactical Sniper air rifle Spring-piston Breakbarrel Single-shot Rifled steel barrel Muzzlebrake for extra cocking leverage Weaver/Picatinny optics rail Adjustable comb Synthetic stock Automatic safety 44 lbs. cocking effort 44 inches long Bipod legs extend from 8 to 10 Bipod legs fold up out of the way Includes 4×32 scope (unmounted), mount and adjustable bipod attached to forearm The manufacturer claims this gun delivers .20-inch groups (center-to-center) at 10 meters. This is a breakbarrel air rifle, but the manufacturer has installed a bolt to give this air gun a more authentic tactical look.
- caliber: 0.177
- velocity: 1250.00 ft/sec
- 4×32 Scope, Bipod, Adjustable Stock
- The unique low-profile Velcro Velcro waist adjustment system
- Located in front thigh pockets rope style kneepad height adjustment system
- Designed for use with removable Knee battle
- Unique gusseted crotch stitching. Concealed zipper pocket after hip
- After long waist plus a large cloth panels, pull more lateral force Oversized front thigh pockets. Knee pad is included
Hydro Flask’s insulated water bottles are made of high quality food grade 18/8 stainless steel. The bottles have no liner (like most aluminum bottles) and are BPA free. Unlike plastic water bottles or single wall stainless bottles, Hydro Flask will keep your beverage of choice at your preferred temperature for hours, whether you choose hot, cold or room temperature liquids. All Hydro Flask products feature a lifetime warranty and are double wall vacuum insulated. They are designed to be lightweight, making them great for long hikes, days on the beach, hot yoga classes, golf, long road trips or everyday office use. Even when filled with ice, the exterior of your Hydro Flask will never leave a puddle on your desk, drip on your shirt, or sweat in your bag.
- Double wall vacuum insulated stainless steel water bottle keeps drinks cold for up to 24 hours and hot for up to 6 hours
- Premium grade 18/8 Stainless Steel BPA free Sports Bottle
- High quality colorful powder-coated matte finish exterior that never sweats
- A great way to give back Hydro Flask donates 5% back to a charity of your choice
- The Lifetime Warranty makes Hydro Flasks the best water bottles
MAGLITE RE1019, heavy-duty rechargeable flashlight system, now with new electronic switch. The new Mag Charger rechargeable flashlight system combines long-famous Maglite beauty, reliability, and beam-adjustability with a powerful halogen lamp and new electronic switch, which includes an array of user-configurable function sets. You can use the flashlight just as it comes out of the package or personalize it to suit your own habits of use by choosing one of the other function sets available. The Mag Charger rechargeable flashlight system is a proven performer day in and day out. It has a sleek black finish and hard-anodizing inside and out for improved durability.
- Includes rechargeable flashlight, charging cradle, rechargeable NiMH battery, 2 mounting brackets, 12 volt adapter, and 120 volt A/C converter
- Extended run time: 34 percent increase in battery capacity (requires full charge cycle)
- Tempered glass lens
- Easily replaced high-intensity halogen lamp with spare stored in tail cap
- 1/4 turn, cam action focus, spot-to-flood
The Garmin epix provides unprecedented, high-resolution, color, touchscreen GPS/GLONASS mapping, preloaded with TOPO U.S. 100K or TOPO Canada (selectversions only) and a worldwide basemap all on your wrist. Now you can get all the functions of a Garmin ABC (altimeter, barometer, compass) device, plus the fullcolormaps that let you not only track where you’ve been, but let you plan for what’s ahead. The revolutionary EXO antenna, when paired with GLONASS and EPO,means better signal strength and quicker fixes. 8GB of internal memory to support included 1 year BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription and optional TOPO U.S.24K maps. And, with Smart Notification, you never miss a text, email or notification, unless you want to.
- TOUCHSCREEN – 1.4″ high resolution, sunlight-visible color Chroma touchscreen display
- EXPANDED MEMORY – 8 GB internal memory lets you load a variety of maps, including TOPO U.S. 24K and City Navigator NT
- CONNECT IQ APP – Customize your watch with a variety of watch faces, data fields, widgets and applications (view more information on page 2)
- STAY CONNECTED – Automatically uploads data wirelessly to Garmin Connect, LiveTrack and social media (using Garmin Connect Mobile app on smartphone4),plus features Smart Notification4 so you can receive emails, texts and alerts directly on your watch
- PRELOADED MAPPING – Preloaded with worldwide shaded relief basemap, and TOPO U.S. 100K or TOPO Canada maps for even greater detail (select versions only)
- 550lb 7 strand cord
- Lightweight and will not rot or mildew
- Strong and durable
- Multi-purpose: camping, fishing, hiking, survival and more
- Made in the USA
This portable solar charger can be use to charge your iphone, tablet, camera, Jambox, or any USB device on the go. Each SunJack comes complete with a battery pack to keep you energized even when the sun isn’t shining. A must have for for camping, traveling, and emergency kits, SunJack provides you rugged outdoor power when you need it.
- wo 8,000mAh lithium-polymer battery charges in ~5 hours
- Wall outlet charging speeds with 5V/2A USB ports
- 20 Watts of high efficiency mono-crystaline solar cells
- World’s most powerful, weather-resistant 20W USB solar charger.
- Designed in California, USA – backed by one year warranty
Dark Energy Poseidon IP68 is great power bank for camping, hunting or any outdoor survival activity. It can store 10,000mah current and can recharge many of your personal electronic items such as phones, tablets, action cameras, Bluetooth speakers, GPS units, and more. Poseidon IP68 Power bank built for tolerate any kind of tough situations. It is waterproof, shockproof and dust proof.
- 10,000 mAh(4-6x phone charges)of destruction-tested portable power with a built-in light
- Military-grade durability and completely waterproof (IP68), MIL-STD-810-G
- Two charging ports with a total of 3.4 amps in output
- Charges virtually any USB powered device including phones, tablets, action cameras, bluetooth speakers, GPS units, and more
- Includes ultra-durable Micro USB cable wrapped in paracord, nylon strap, and carabiner