Best Travel Backpacks | Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Best Travel Backpacks 2017: This is the ultimate guide of choosing best travel backpack.
Choosing a correct travel backpack is the most important part of the travel or trip. Unless may be it will ruin our whole vacation. Before you purchase backpack you need to consider lot of things such as size of the backpack, material of the backpack, zippers, multiple compartments, inside of the backpack, shoulder strap, hip belts and many more. These things help to us go trip more comfortably.
Last month, I purchased new backpack via online for travel. I did lot of research online and read lot of reviews about backpacks. May be you will laughing to me. But real thing is you should knew lot of information before buy best backpacks. Anyway, my new backpack help to me success whole my trip. So i decided share my experience with my readers.
When we think about backpacks, First thing comes to our mind is features of the backpack such as carrying weight, water resistant or not, strong zippers, comfortable shoulders straps and many more. These features are essential to carry our needs in long trip. So we should give priorities for features. I wrote all my priorities in notebook and search online to choose better backpack.
Last month I purchased this backpack in Amazon. I am really loving it.
Main features of the better backpack
- Size of the backpack
Size of the travel backpack is depends on traveling days and your goods. But don’t use long and large backpack if your body size is small. Large size backpack weighs can’t balance to your body. Because, it will be a reason to very serious back pain. So, Everyone think about exact size of their travel backpacks.
- Inside and Outside Material of the backpack
Mainly, I checked inside and outside material of the backpack. I want to strong thick and light weight material. It is good to pack heavy things like water bottles, battery bank. Other thing is backpack material should be water resistant. Last moth started rainy season some parts of our country. So I chose backpack made by water resistant material. I didn’t want to wet all Luggage during travel. I gave my attention inside material of the backpack. It should be more comfortable unless our valuable items can be damage or scratch.
Zippers are very important. I like backpacks that each compartment has two zippers. So, I can easily lock the compartments using two zippers, also i can use to small padlock to lock the each compartment and keep safely my worth stuff. I prefer nylon coil chain zippers and slider should be stainless steel. So, it gives advantage like very flexible, easy to use and prevent corrosion.
- Extra Compartments
I want to pack my many small stuff to backpack. But, i didn’t want to pack those stuff in my main compartment. Because may be damage those thing among large stuff. Other reason is very difficult to open always main compartment to get some regularly needed item such as water bottle, umbrella . So i looked for backpack that have extra compartments.
- Strap of the backpack and hip belt
All the weight of the backpack are holding my shoulders and hip. So decided to purchase backpack with more comfortable wide cushion strap backpack. Its decrease my and spread pressure to my shoulders. Also i consider its connecting points to the backpack. These connecting points should be very strong. Unless it can’t be use, i am sure straps break soon.
There are various types of backpacks are available to purchase with various type of features brand names. Price range is change between $50 to $200 for better backpacks. Personally, I recommended Osprey Variant 52-Liter Backpack because I am using it right now. If you are large person (more then 5.6 inch height), You can choose large travel backpack and If you small person, you can choose average size backpack.
Best Travel Backpacks in 2017:
#1: Osprey Variant 52-Liter Backpack
Features of the Osprey Variant 52 Pack A-frame ski carry EVA foam expedition hipbelt ErgoPull hipbelt closure Front panel compression pocket Hydration Integrated FlapJacket closure system Removable suspension/backpanel Removable top pocket Three point haul system Tool carry Wand/Ice Pro pockets.
- The expedition suspension featured on all Variant Series packs consists of a removable HDPE frame sheet and aluminum peripheral rod
- Each Variant Series pack features a removable/interchangeable EVA foam hip belt with modified straight Ergo Pull closure
- Dual side pockets provide secure storage and easy accessibility to wands, pickets and other longer items
- A sewn-in hydration sleeve located on the inside of the back panel accepts up to a three liter reservoir
- Floating, removable single compartment top pocket with internal key clip and under-lid zippered fabric pocket keeps often needed items organized
#2: Rolling Thunder – 36″ Duffel
The Rolling Thunder—36″ has been designed as a rugged gear hauler to safely get everything from your clothes to your equipment around the world. With extra-durable Base Camp material, plenty of pockets for organization and a frame that can stand up to even the roughest baggage handlers, this is the only gear bag you’ll ever need.
- Super-tough Base Camp body material paired with rugged nylon for extra durability
- Separate external zippered dirty-clothes or shoe compartment
- Sherpa strap lets you carry your backpack or duffel securely on the face of your luggage
- Perforated, exposed back panel reduces weight without sacrificing strength
- Plastic bumpers on wear points for extra abrasion resistance
#3: Osprey Waypoint 80 Travel Backpack
- Zipper closure
- 15″ shoulder drop, 27″ high, 13″ wide
- The zip-off, foam padded gender specific adjustable harness and fixed hip belt are directly connected to a Light Wire peripheral frame
- Adjustable harness can slide either up or down using the window as a fit guide to locate your proper torso size
#4: Deuter Traveller 70 + 10 Travel Backpack
- Three grab handles
- Concealable back system with Vari-Quick, X-frame and anatomically formed hip belt to carry heavy loads comfortably
- U-shaped zip opens the main compartment fully. Alternatively a divider can be zipped in and the bottom compartment loaded separately
- large detachable daypack with ventilated back and valuables pocket inside
- luggage stabilisers inside
- adjustable and detachable shoulder straps
#5: Tumi Alpha 2 T-Pass Business Class Brief Pack
Tumi T-Pass laptop Brief Pack is designed to meet TSA checkpoint requirements, which allow you to go through security without removing your laptop from the case. The rear laptop section must be packed appropriately to ensure an unobstructed scanning of the laptop section; accommodates different laptop sizes with removable foam blocks. The wide-opening main compartment allows for easy access to the interior. Features include a zip pocket with Tumi ID Lock, which protects personal data encoded on most IDs, credit cards and passports, and numerous interior and exterior organizer pockets. Top carry handle with embossed leather wrap, Add-a-Bag sleeve and adjustable backpack straps. Made from Tumi’s signature FXT ballistic nylon with a ballistic weave-inspired pattern on leather trim and interior lining.
- 100% Nylon
- Polyester lining
- Zipper closure
- 12″ shoulder drop
- 17″ high, 12″ wide
- Pockets: 6 interior slip, 2 interior zip, 6 exterior, 3 card slots
#6: Numinous Packs GlobePacs Anti-Theft Travel Backpack
Numinous backPack offer a layered system of multiple anti-theft technologies to secure personal belongings and provide the traveler with peace of mind. The GlobePacs Travel Backpacks are constructed of anti-slash material to protect the bag from being cut open. A built-in, retractable wire cable secures the bag to fixed objects with a dual combination lock. All main zippers feature anti-puncture technology, making them resistant to intrusions from pens or tools. The Numinous GlobePacs also features the TSA-approved TravelSentry override system that allows airport screeners to unlock, inspect and re-lock bags without damaging the lock. Underneath all the security features is a thoughtfully-designed and functional backpack. Features include concealing back panel, side carry handles, padded laptop compartment and mesh side pockets. The GlobePacs Backpack has adjustable straps to provide users of different heights with a comfortable fit.
- Made of anti-slash fabric to resist tampering and theft
- Concealing back panel
- Side carry handles
- Padded laptop compartment and mesh side pockets
- Integrated, retractable cable lock allows bag to be locked to any stationary object
- Anti-puncture zippers can’t be pried open
- TSA-approved zipper locks
- Adjustable straps and padded lumbar support for maximum comfort
- Dimensions 31 x 10 x 16 inches (65 Liter); 28 x 10 x 14 inches (55 Liter). Weight 7.2 lbs (65L); 7.0 lbs (55L).
#7: Kelty Red Cloud 110 Internal Frame Backpack
Kelty Red Cloud 110 Internal Frame Traveling Backpack ideal for hikers who demand excellence and durability at an affordable price. The Red Cloud is designed to be fully adjustable to fit your torso length and carry a heavy load, providing unmatched stability and comfort on the trail which results in a trusted pack for all your expeditions. The LightBeam(tm) dual aluminum stays are connected to the hip belt providing direct load transfer while the Anti-barreling stays keep the scapula pad flat even if the pack is overloaded. The HDPE-reinforced, dual density waist belt improves load-support and enhances overall carrying comfort as well while the dual positions for load-lifters straps keeps the pack weight from shifting. Finally, the AirMesh shoulder straps, waist belt, and lumbar pad are designed to keep air moving through and keep you comfortable all day.
- 420D Poly Small Back Stafford
- Capacity, suspension, custom fit, simplified organization, the only pack you’ll need for your adventures features our Perfect Fit suspension system
- Perfect Fit Suspension supplies you w/ customized comfort without the hassle
- Features: Top Loading, Top Lid converts to Sling Pack, Zippered side pockets, front pocket w/ organization, Stretch front pouch, Hydration Compatible
- Suspension: PerfectFIT suspension, HDPE frame sheet & waist belt, mesh back panel, waist belt, Sternum strap, Dual light beam aluminum stays
- Dimensions: Size (L x W x D) 35 x 19 x 15 in, Weight 5lbs 8 oz, Volume 110 L , Optimal Carry Weight: 20-60 lbs
#8: MHM Flatiron 38 Backpack
MHM Flatiron 38 Backpack is great for travelers. It has clean portable design to pack your every esentials without trouble. Also, Its design is very comfortable to use the backpack. This is ideal for quick backpacking trips. To improve access to your gears, It come siwth long vertical YKK zipper that runs up the side and all the way through the top of the pack. For stashing your essentials, It has 2 zippered hip belt pockets, 2 large stretch pockets on the each side, and a large zippered front pocket. Also, This travel backpack comes with adjustable suspension system, ventilated back panel, VariCant dual-pivoting hip belt and plenty more features for your easiness.
- Air channeled mesh back panel
- Top and side panel access (side panel zipper allows pack to be opened up completely flat)
- VariCant dual pivoting/fully adjustable hip belt
- Slide n’ lock adjustable harness
- Detachable top lid converts into a small day pack
#9: Pacsafe Venturesafe EXP65 Anti-Theft Travel Backpack
Travel with peace of mind and move securely with the Venturesafe EXP65 Anti-Theft Travel Pack from Pacsafe. Spacious compartments with internal pockets make it easy to stay organized, all while knowing your gear is secure and protected with five anti-theft features built in. The bag’s fabric is embedded with eXomesh Slashguard, a lightweight flexible, stainless steel wire mesh that protects your gear from a quick slash-and-run theft, while ToughZip technology, puncture resistant double layer zippers, helps prevent pack break-ins. The Roobar Locking System secures the interlocking zippers from both compartments in one place, and also a lockdown point for the 3mm stainless steel locking cable that can be wrapped around a secure fixture, essentially turning your pack into a portable safe. The main compartment opens book style for easy access to everything bag, and built-in compression straps to pack gear tightly and maximize space. The front zippered compartment has two zippered mesh pockets for additional organization. The padded shoulder straps and waist strap with ergonomic aluminum frame make carrying a heavy load balanced and comfortable, while the adjustable back harness comes with six height settings making finding the perfect fit easy for any body size.
- polyester lining
- 75 centimeters high, 40 centimeters wide
- Secure 65-liter travel pack with five anti-theft features built in for peace of mind travel; book style opening of main compartment makes all gear easily accessible
- Interlocking zippers and stainless steel cable can be secured to the Roobar Locking System, securing all zippers to one central point and ability to lock bag to a secure fixture
- Lightweight, hidden eXomesh Slashguard stainless steel wire mesh embedded into fabric helps protect against slash-and-run theft
#10: Deuter Transit 65 Backpack
Deuter Transit 65 backpack is the great for traveling and its has 3968cu capacity. You can easily pack your essentials such as clothes, shoes, and accessories within the backpack. It is enough for week traveling. Thanks to a detachable daypack, concealable shoulder harness, and included shoulder strap, you can be sure this backpack-duffel combo travels well regardless of your itinerary.
- U-shaped zip opens up completely for full access to the main compartment
- Concealable back system
- Separate bottom compartment for shoes, sleeping bag etc
- Luggage stabilising straps
- Two grab handles