| $$$ | | Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Global Positioning System (GPS) is a space-based satellite navigation system that can provides lot of important information such as location, time information, weather conditions and many more. In this article, I talk about GPS watches. GPS watches are the very popular device these days. Because. It can use to track the location. So, GPS watches very popular among travelers, hikers, bicyclers, and many others. Also, Parents buy GPS watches to their kids track their location for safety purpose.
Many brands of GPS watches out a there. Here is the list of best GPS Watches in the market.
#1: Garmin Forerunner 220 – $249
Garmin Forerunner 220 is the one of the best GPS watch available. Also, I personally recommended this GPS watch for everyone. You can buy this GPS watch with or without heart rate monitor function. It has every functions that you expected from GPS watch such as distance, pace and heart rate. This is very helpful to when your running outdoor. It gives to you, your distance, map, pace and your heart rate accurately. Garmin Forerunner 220 has a very colorful display and modern design. Also, It has many other important features to very helpful to you. Forerunner 220 automatically uploads your data to Garmin Connect even when you can’t get to a computer. Get the free Garmin Connect Mobile app on your smartphone and then pair it with your watch. When you save your completed run, it will automatically upload to Garmin Connect when you’re in range of your phone. Its live tracking feature is allow your friends and family members to see your stat in real time. For live tracking, only thing you need to pair Forerunner 220 with your smartphone throughout your run.
Key Features of Garmin Forerunner 220:
- Advanced GPS running watch with a high-resolution color display and comfortable, lightweight design
- Built-in accelerometer tracks distance and pace when indoors
- Connected features2 include automatic uploads to Garmin Connect, live tracking and social media sharing so you can promote your achievements to your friends
- Lets you know when you achieve a personal record
- Pauses and resumes timer based on speed
#2: Garmin fenix 3 : $499
Garmin fenix 3 is the multi sport training GPS watch for runners and bicyclers. You can buy Fenix 3 in different 3 bold models. Those are gray with high-strength, scratch resistant, crystal and black band; silver with red band; and the premium sapphire model with a stainless steel band and sapphire lens. Every models of fenix 3 made in high quality material. So, You can use this GPS watch any place any whether condition. It has high battery life of of up to 50 hours in UltraTrac mode, 16 hours in GPS mode and up to 3 months in watch mode. But, It may be little bit different according to your setting. This very suitable for when you are going to trip and adventure with your friends or family members. Because, fēnix is equipped with both ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart capabilities to wirelessly share locations, routes and geocaches. Lot of great features comes with fenix 3 that helpful to you.
Key Features Of Garmin fenix 3:
- Chroma Display – 1.2″ sunlight-visible high-resolution color Chroma optically-bonded display
- Water Rating – Water rated up to 10ATM / 100 meters1; suitable for swimming
- Exo Antenna – Omni-directional steel EXO antenna, when paired with GLONASS and EPO, provides an even faster fix and accurate position than GPS alone
- Wireless Connectivity- Utilize one or more Wi-Fi hot spots to automatically sync your data with Garmin Connect and update software (when in range)
- Battery Life – Rechargeable battery; up to 20 hours in training/GPS mode, 50 hours in UltraTrac mode, and 6 weeks in watch mode
#3: Suunto Ambit GPS Watch – $281
Suunto Ambit GPS Watch is the another great GPS watch currently available. It will help to you get lot of important details such as altitude, location, speed, heart rate and weather conditions. This is the world’s first GPS for explorers. The Ambit is the only watch in the world that now allows the user to create new free apps for their watch, based on criteria as simple as speed and distance, or more advanced data like pressure or heart rate.
Key Feature Of Suunto Ambit GPS Watch:
- Full-featured GPS with Way-point navigation
- Unique 3D compass
- Accurate barometric altitude, Barometer, Temperature
- Highly responsive pace and speed (Fused Speed) with accelerometer integrated GPS
- Accurate vertical speed with barometric altimeter
- Advanced heart rate monitoring with Peak Training Effect and Recovery Time
#4: Polar M400 GPS Sports Watch – $230
The PolarM400 GPS Watch with HRM combines popular fitness band features with advanced GPS and training plans to create a sporty and functional training partner. Helping you make adjustments to both lifestyle and training to reach peak performance, it will sync with your mobile device and computer. Built-in GPS allows you to track speed, distance, pace, and altitude. Provides basic watch functions, such as time and date. Back to Home feature directs you to your starting point in the shortest distance possible. 24/7 activity tracker records steps, calories, active time, and sleep duration and quality. Train at the right intensity with sophisticated and personal heart rate training. Connect to Polar Flow mobile app via Bluetooth for instant analysis.
Key Features Of Polar M400 GPS Sports Watch:
- More than just GPS. M400 combines the best 24/7 activity and GPS features and provides you with helpful data for Lifestyle and training improvement
- Tracks your pace, distance and altitude with integrated GPS. Get guidance to beat your personal best. Explore new routes with back to start feature
- 24/7 activity tracking – displays steps, Calories and daily Goal. Inactivity Alert motivates you to move. Plus tracks sleep time and quality
- Train at the right intensity with target heart RATE zones with included H7 heart RATE sensor. Water resistant. Rechargeable Battery. Female tailored wristband
- Plan, sync and share your training with Polar flow app and web service. Plus, play and share video highlights of your workout journeys with relive
#5: Polar V800 GPS Sports Watch – $341
Polar V800 is the another great GPS watch. It has a large, scratch-resistant Gorilla Glass lens with a high-contrast, black and white display that’s optimized for low-light conditions. With unique training features, real-time multi sport guidance and in-depth training insights, the Polar V800 is the ultimate choice for the most ambitious triathletes.This is water proof GPS watch and it support up to 30m deep.
Key features Of Polar V800:
- Heart rate and GPS enabled multisport training device for ambitious triathletes, runners and endurance athletes
- Combines training load with 24/7 activity data for true recovery status; Tracks route; distance; speed/pace and altitude (via barometric altimeter)
- 14 hour rechargeable battery life in training mode, 50h in GPS low power mode; Scratch-resistant Gorilla Glass lens, waterproof to 100 ft.
- Syncs to Polar Flow app and web service where you can plan and analyze your training; Compatible with Bluetooth Smart running and cycling sensors
- Includes H7 Bluetooth Smart heart rate sensor for accurate heart rate while training and even while swimming
#6: Pyle GPS Sports Watch – $144
- GPS Maps Your Route and Records It – Measure Pace, Speed and Distance with Detailed Maps and Graphs
- Import and Export Performance Records to Your Computer with Included Software – Train Smarter
- Route Automation via GPS Navigation – Performance Tracking – Compare and Set Personal Best Times
- Works With Performance Sensors Made by Garmin and Motorola – Includes Charge and Connection Cable
- Perfect for Running, Jogging, Bicycling or Outdoor Fitness – Create New and Record Your Training Sessions
#7: Fitbit Surge Fitness Super watch – $246
Train smarter and go farther with Surge—a sleek, fitness super watch designed to help you reach your peak performance. With built-in GPS, multi sport functionality, and automatic, continuous heart rate, Surge delivers the stats you need to measure your effort and maximize your training time. Add activity tracking, automatic sleep detection, music control, and text and call notifications, and you have everything you need to stay connected, motivated and in the zone—no matter what goal you’re working toward.
Key Features Of Fitbit Surge:
- GPS Tracking- See distance, pace and elevation climbed & review routes and split times
- Get continuous, automatic, wrist-based heart rate and simplified heart rate zones
- Track workouts & view workout summaries; plus all day activities including steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes
- Monitor your sleep automatically and wake with a silent alarm
- See call and text notifications on the touchscreen display
- Sync stats wirelessly and automatically to your computer and over 150 leading smartphones
- Utilize the sizing tool in Product Details below to ensure proper fit
#8: Garmin Approach S6 – $399
The Approach S6 is a slim, lightweight, feature-packed hi-resolution color touchscreen GPS golf watch with first-of-its-kind swing metrics.
Key Features Of Garmin Approach S6:
- High-Resolution, Touchscreen Color Display and Free Lifetime Course Updates
- Swing Strength – Swing Tempo – Tempo Training – Pin Pointer – Handicap Scoring
- Smart Notification – Stat Tracking – Course View Map Layout – Touch Targeting
- Green View with Manual Pin Positioning – Yardages to Front, Back, & Middle of Green – Measures Shot Distances – Layup/Dogleg Distances – Digital Scorecard (Print & Save) – Round Timer
- Garmin Connect Compatibility – Water Rating (garmin.com/water rating) 5ATM(50m) – Rechargeable Li-ion 10hrs(GPS)/14wks(watch) – Reverse Background Color white/black/custom
#9: Garmin Forerunner 920XT – $439
- Garmin Forerunner 920XT VO2 MAX, RECOVERY TIME & RACE PREDICTOR2 Forerunner 920XT estimates VO2 max, recovery time and predicts your race times for several distances when used with heart rate. When used with a power meter, it estimates VO2 max for cycling as well.
- RUNNING DYNAMICS1 When paired with the HRM-RunTM monitor, the Forerunner 920XT provides feedback on running form by measuring cadence, vertical oscillation and ground contact time.
- METRICS THAT MATTER Record speed, distance, ascent/descent, grade and more. Pair with ANT+ compatible sensors to measure heart rate4, speed4, cadence4 and power4. Control VIRB Elite action camera4 to record and relive your accomplishments
- SMART NOTIFICATIONS3 See incoming email, text messages, call alerts, calendar reminders and more from your compatible smartphone.
- LIVE TRACKING3 Let friends and family follow your races and training activities in real time.
#10: Garmin Forerunner 610 GPS Watch – $399
- Weather-resistant, GPS-enabled training watch supports customizable data screens and advanced training plans
- Touchscreen interface for quickly and easily toggling data fields, adjusting settings, reviewing run history, and more
- Virtual Partner and Virtual Racer help you plan workouts and reach goals; Training Effect measures impact on aerobic fitness
- Customizable vibration alerts for time, distance, calories, heart rate, or cadence; heart rate zone training with included monitor
- USB stick for wireless uploading of run data to Garmin Connect–map your activity, view lap splits, and explore activities from other users