Best Portable Solar Generators | Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Portable solar generators are one of the most profitable ways of generate electricity. Also, Portable solar power generator can be use in any places such as home, camping site, RVs,…etc. Electricity is the most important factor for any indoor and outdoor activities. Still thinking to move solar power? Do you know about solar portable generator?
Portable solar powered generators are not latest idea of generate electricity. Over the years people are using solar power to generate electricity. But, Latest solar generators are more advanced and comes with bunch of features. They can supply electricity long hours without even sunlight.
What is a portable solar power generator?
There are two main parts include in the portable solar generator kit. Those are solar panel and solar power generator. Solar panel capture Sun’s energy directly and convert it to electricity. Then, That electricity send to the built in battery bank to store. Next, That store energy goes through the inverter and transform it as standard AC power.
Why people use portable solar generators?
Solar power is completely free power sources. Then, solar power generation is completely free. Also, Portable solar generators let you generate electricity anywhere and store it in battery bank to use anytime even night. Manufactures build latest solar generators as portable and compact. That mean people can easily bring it anywhere with their other stuff. Specially, Portable solar generators very useful for camping and RVs.
What are the usages of portable solar generators?
There are bunch of usages portable solar generators. I mentioned few of them for your easiness.
You can use this as backup power source for your home in emergency situations. People faced lot of environmental disasters these days. So, Electricity failures are very common in these situations. If you have backup power source like solar generator, you can avoid some difficult situations.
For Outdoor activities:
In an outdoor, We can’t find electricity so easily. Also, We need more power to use long hours. So, We need to bring optional power sources such as solar generators, battery packs, small fuel generators to fulfill electricity requirement of outdoor activities. But, Other power sources except solar generator need extra fuel to generate electricity. So. Solar generators are the best option for get easy and FREE electricity even night. It can generate unlimited power for your entire period in outdoor camp.
You can use this solar generators for power up every electrical equipment (outdoor lights, phones, cameras, laptop, heaters,…etc.) during your outdoor activities (camping, hunting, fishing, riding….etc.)
Fulfill power requirement of RVs:
We know lot of people live in the RVs and travel long trips. Portable solar generators are best option for full fill electricity requirement in RVs. Because, They have enough sunlight generate electricity free.
Solar Generators Vs Fuel Generators:
There are so many differences between portable solar generators and fuel generators when compare. Both are very popular method to generate electricity. Here are the some of great advantages of solar generators over fuel generators.
- Solar generators work using sun’s energy. So, NO ANY EXTRA COST.
- There no any moving parts inside the solar generator. SO, ITS OPERATION IS COMPLETELY SILENT AND MAINTENANCE COST IS VERY LOW
- Solar generators not emission any toxic gas while operation. SO, IT IS COMPLETELY ENVIRONMENTAL FRIENDLY DEVICE.
- There is a battery bank inside the solar generator. SO, IT CAN DELIVER CONTINUOUS POWER DAY TIME NIGHT TIME.
- Solar generators are very easy to operate and actually no need special attention while operation.
- Latest solar generators have built in special ports to get electricity directly both AC and DC devices even to charge your smartphones.
TOP 10 Best Portable Solar Generators in 2018:
Here are the best solar power generators currently in the market. Read following portable solar generator reviews and choose best option for your requirement.
This is good power solution for base camps, cabins and unexpected outages. Goal Zero Yeti 400 solar generator give three type of charging option. That is mean, You can charge it using solar panel, regular wall outlet or 12V car socket. But, In outdoor camp, Sun light is the only energy source we have. So, Solar panel is the best option to charge Yeti 400 Solar Generator. They recommended Goal Zero 32201 Boulder 30M Solar Panel for this solar generator. Also, I can recommend this as one of the best portable solar power generator for home.
key features Of Yeti 400 Solar Generator :
- Three way recharging option ( Indoor AC socket, 12V Car socket, Solar Panel )
- Three ways power your devices ( USB, 12V, AC )
- Ideal For Laptops, Tablet, Smartphone and TV
- Capacity – 400Wh, 33Ah
Wagan’s Solar e Power Cube is the all in one ultimate solar power source for outdoor activities. It has 5 no of solar panel system to charge its internal battery. So, this models not needed external solar panel system. This can be useful to run your types of devices such as AC, USB, and DC during your outdoor session. Also, You can use this solar generator for indoor activities. Its rechargeable built-in 55 AH AGM/gel hybrid battery support for home AC or vehicle DC outlet. If you use home AC power to recharge, it takes up to 24 hours to fully charge. Also, If you use solar panels only, it takes up to 18 hours to fully charge. You can run lot of devices using this solar generator such as LED light bulb, radio, wireless router, portable stereo, laptop computer, thermo fridge/warmer, TV, refrigerator/freezer, microwave, cell phones, etc.
Key Features Of Solar e Cube 1500:
- 5 solar panels (16 Watts each) unfold and slide out from the power cube
- 1500 Watts AC inverter (3600 peak surge power): 2 AC outlets to power appliances such as radio, portable stereo, laptop computer, television, microwave, conventional refrigerator/freezer
- 2 USB power ports (5 V) to charge/operate iPad/tablet, Kindle/e-reader, MP3 player, cell phone, laptop, etc. plus 2 DC 12 Volt outlets
- Includes AC and DC adapters to recharge its 55 AH AGM/gel hybrid battery
- Does not require any extra assembly; this all in one ready to use solar cube is ready to use out of the package, plus it can be expanded with additional solar panels and/or batteries if more power is required in the future
This is a very simple plug n play solar generator. It comes with a brand new duracell power pack 300 and a brand new solar panel that simple plugs into the battery pack. This makes it easy to use anywhere for anything. The solar panel has 25ft of wire so you can put the panel in the sun and the battery were you need it. Works great for remote areas without grid power, emergencies, or camping. This kit does not need a separate charge controller because the battery automatically turns to trickle charge when the batteries are full.
Key Features Of this Solar generator:
- 30 watt 12v polycrystalline solar panel wired with a ac plug that plugs into the battery box
- Duracell power pack 300 with three pronge outlets 300watt max
- Sealed12amp hour AGM battery, Panel is weatherproof(rain,wind,hail)
- The panel is very durable with polycrystalline cells(more efficient than mono)
- Great generator for apartments because you can use it indoors and most apartments don’t allow gas generators
The Renogy Phoenix Portable Generator is the all-in-one solution specifically designed for mobile, off-grid applications. Ideal for emergencies. I recomend this as one of the best portable solar generator for camping.
- The Phoenix is an all-in-one portable solar power system specifically designed for mobile, off-grid applications and is ideal for emergencies
- This compact, lightweight back-up system combines two highly efficient Renogy 10W Monocrystalline Solar Panels and can expand up to 120 watts with additional PVs
- The Phoenix can be charged by solar, AC power, or car power and comes with a 16Ah Li-ion(NMC) battery
- The included 16Ah Li-ion(NMC) battery is replaceable, giving the capability of limitless power
This 5000 Watt Peak Solar Generator has a 200ah battery bank and is perfect for homes & apartments. It can be used indoors because it has no noise or fumes. The unit is perfect for backup power in any emergency or blackout. Great for camping and outdoor events too! Comes with two 100 watt solar panels and 30 feet of solar cable for connecting the panel to the unit. Simply place battery inside and connect two sets of wires.
Key Features Of this unit:
- 5000 Watt Peak Solar Generator & Two 100 Watt Solar Panels
- (2) 100 Watt Solar Panels Have 25 Year Warranty
- 200 amp hour battery bank for long run time
- 30 amp Charge Controller For Fast, Reliable Charging
- Rugged & Portable Case
The 150W Portable Solar Charger and Battery is a great compact, lightweight solar power system for camping, travel and emergencies. You can use this system to power lights, radio, recharge power tools, and so on. This allows you to operate or survive in a power out situation and recharge the unit via the sun if the outage persists. We have one of these ourselves and have had to use it when the power went out. During our outages we have been able to have lights, use and charge our devices without worry of not having any power. You can run lights, charge multiple phones and/or tablets at once, use your laptops, etc with this charger. Power is out for multiple days? If the sun is shining we can charge it back up.You can also recharge it by using a car or wall charger.
- 20W high-efficiency solar panel
- 150W AC inverter
- 4 output and 2 input ports
- 3W LED flashlight
- 12v / 16ah Lithium Polymer Battery
- 12V / 5A charge controller
KaliPAK 601 is the powerful portable and lightweight solar generator. It comes with separate 40W 4X folding solar panel to charge the KaliPAK anywhere Sun is shining. Its weight only 14lbs. So, you can bring this gadget for your outdoor activities easily. KaliPAK 601 portable solar generator can generate 558Wh power. KP601 Solar generator include 38Ah Lithium Ion battery to store electricity. Using this portable solar generator you can charge your iPhone 93 times.
- 4X USB ultra-fast charge ports for charging up to four devices, such as phones, cameras or laptops simultaneously
- 2X 12V DC ports for lighting
- Grade A, high capacity, long life, lithium-ion cells
- Remote system monitoring and control via iOS and Android smartphone app
- Includes solar panel
This is all in one portable power station for indoor and outdoor activities. Goal Zero Yeti 1250 can power up anything from phones to fridges and everything in between. Its operation is completely silent and no emit any fumes. Yeti 1250 has 1200Wh (100Ah) capacity and an integrated 1200W pure-sine wave inverter. It features multiple AC, 12V and USB ports, providing versatile power for phones, tablets, lights, appliances, and more. The Goal Zero Yeti 1250 gets its power from a 100Ah sealed lead-acid battery that is easily rechargeable and user replaceable. You can recharge this 6hrs from solar panels. You have to buy solar panel separately.
- 1250Wh lead acid battery portable power station can power up to 10 devices at once (100Ah @ 12V)
- Continuous 1200W, 1500W surge pure-sine wave inverter, 2.1A USB ports, 120W 12V ports
- Charge phones, tablets, laptops, cameras, drones, and more. Provides backup emergency power for appliances, lights, and most household devices.
- Chainable with other 100Ah lead acid batteries for longer run times
- Recharges from AC or pair with a solar panel. No noise, no fumes, no maintenance
- Designed and engineered by power station experts with a US-based customer service center
- 12V 33Ah 330Wh battery
- Including UPS function
- Weight: 6.7 lb.
- Size: 10.9″x5.2″x4.3″
- 500W(Peak 1000W) Pure sine wave output
- 1x Solar MC4 Charging Cable. 1x Solar DC Charging Cable for foldbale solar panel. 1x Car Charging Cable.
- 4 USB, 4x12V DC & 2x110V AC Outlets
With 5000 continuous watts and 20,000 peak watts of pure sine wave power, the HomeGrid 5000 is the ultimate hybrid of portable solar generators. It’s high surge capacity and ability to power both 120V and 240V tools and appliances make the HomeGrid 5000 the most versatile solar generator on the market. Specifically designed for long term backup power, the HomeGrid 5000 can power multiple appliances and tools simultaneously to give you peace of mind in any emergency situation. This portable solar generator is ideal for electronics, lights, refrigerator, freezer, microwave, high surge kitchen appliances and power tools.
- Welded steel frame for superior durability
- 10 inch Heavy Duty solid flat free wheels for worry-free portability
- Durable exterior protective coating making it weather and rust resistant
- Rugged rubber handles for sturdy mobility
- Maximum Power Point charge controller for high efficiency charging
- Battery bank can be expanded to provide complete home backup